This privacy statement applies to websites and services of LeafFilter North, Inc. ("LeafFilter") that collect data and display these terms. It does not apply to those LeafFilter sites, services and products that do not display or link to this statement or that have their own privacy statements.
Please read the LeafFilter Online Privacy Statement below for further details about particular LeafFilter sites and services you use.
We collect information as part of the operation of our Websites and services.
• At some LeafFilter sites, we ask you to provide personal information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your zip code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
• We collect additional information about your interaction with LeafFilter sites and services without identifying you as an individual. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also use Web site analytics tools on our sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser's width and height.
• We use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons (described below), to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services.
• We also deliver advertisements (see the Display of Advertising section below) and provide Web site analytics tools on non- LeafFilter sites and services, and we collect information about page views on these third party sites as well.
• When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from LeafFilter, we may use web beacons (described below), customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with LeafFilter, information collected through one LeafFilter service may be combined with information obtained through other LeafFilter services. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
LeafFilter collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve its sites and services. These uses include providing you with more effective customer service; making the sites or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. You can opt-out from receiving newsletters or promotional e-mail anytime by following the steps as described in the respective newsletter or promotional e-mail.
Personal information collected on LeafFilter sites and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which LeafFilter or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of LeafFilter and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent.
LeafFilter occasionally hires other companies (vendor) to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose than for delivering the service to LeafFilter in accordance with LeafFilter's instructions and policies.
You can stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail from LeafFilter sites and services by following the specific instructions in the e-mail you receive.
LeafFilter is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information we collect on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When/if we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Most LeafFilter Web sites use "cookies," which are small text files placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalized content and targeted advertising on your later visits to these sites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
LeafFilter Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
LeafFilter may also employ Web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of our sites. We prohibit Web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
Finally, we may work with other companies that advertise on LeafFilter sites to place Web beacons on their sites in order to allow us to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a LeafFilter site results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's site.
We will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect changes in our services and customer feedback. When we post changes to this Statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this statement. If there are material changes to this statement or in how LeafFilter will use your personal information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes prior to implementing the change or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how LeafFilter is protecting your information.
LeafFilter North, Inc.
1595 Georgetown Road, Suite G
Hudson, Ohio 44236